The very essence of Danish summer is captured in this beautifully coloured cocktail. Sweet strawberries and aromatic beach roses are combined with our fresh and floral Njord Gin Distilled Sun And Citrus to create a cocktail that is frankly irresistible when Danish summer is upon us!
You will need:
4 cl Njord Gin Distilled Sun And Citrus
3 cl freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cl beach rose syrup
1 egg white (3 cl)
2 lavender stems
A generous handful of beach rose flowers
Recipe for beach rose syrup:
500 g sugar
0,5 l water
Plenty of beach rose flowers
How to make the syrup:
Bring water and sugar to a boil. Turn off heat when sugar is dissolved. Add beach rose flowers and let infuse. Leave for at least two hours but preferably make it the day before. strain syrup and discard flowers. The syrup is now ready to use.
How to make the Cocktail:
1. Add gin, strawberries, lavender and beach rose flowers to a cocktail shaker.
2. Muddle until a purée forms.
3. Add lemon juice, beach rose syrup and egg white to the shaker and shake without ice.
4. Add ice to shaker and shake again. Strain cocktail into an ice-filled lowball glass.
5. Garnish with beach rose flowers.