In the mood for something boo-zy for your Halloween party? Try our scarily tasty pumpkin spice cocktail "Spooky spice on ice". For this cocktail, we used Distilled United Natures gin, which is distilled with pumpkin seeds, among other botanicals.
For a single drink:
4.5 cl Njord Distilled United Natures gin
2.5 cl orange juice
1 egg white
1 spoon maple syrup
2 spoons pumpkin syrup
Optional: 5 cl sparkling water
A sprig of thyme, for garnish
- Add gin, orange juice, egg white, maple syrup and pumpkin syrup to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into serving glass.
- Optional: Top off with sparkling water for a milder taste.
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme.
Homemade pumpkin syrup recipe:
For 1 small jar of 10 cl:
35 g of Hokkaidopumpkin flesh
100 g of sugar
15 cl of water
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp of ground ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- Cut the pumpkin flesh into pieces and put them in a saucepan with salted water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 8 minutes.
- Drain and crush the flesh of the pumpkin.
- Pour into a saucepan with the sugar, water, vanilla extract and spices. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Mix from time to time. The water will gradually evaporate and the syrup will form.
- Stir the syrup until smooth and pour into a jar.
- Store in the refrigerator. Store for 1 to 2 weeks.
Get the Njord gin Distilled United Natures used in this recipe here.